Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues (also known as Jurassic Park Part 2: The Chaos Continues) is a side-scrolling run and gun game. This game was developed and published by Ocean Software. And It is produced in 1995. The game appeared on the SNES and the Game Boy. The story for the SNES version takes place one year after the events of the film.
With Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues you can play alone or team up for 2-player action. That would be interesting, let's continue to explore!
The plot of the game is very interesting! Biosyn is send by John Hammond to island. At here, the dinosaur and research on the abandoned island. Because he knows the island inside and out from his adventure, Dr. Alan Grant is hired by Hammond and accompanies a soldier named Michael Wolfskin to the island ward off Biosyn. Their task is to stop Lewis Dodgson's men from capturing dinosaurs. There are a few missions and after every mission (except the last mission on easy or normal) the players have bonus missions. The dinos and Biosyn troops get stronger and harder to fight as they go.
- Alan Grant: (player 1): Dr. Alan Grant is one of the main characters in the Jurassic Park Franchise and the main protagonist in the first Movie and third Movie. He is a paleontologist who was invited by John Hammond to his dinosaur park, Jurassic Park.
- Technical Sergeant Michael Wolfskin (Player 2): He is a soldier hired by InGen.
--> Both sent by John Hammond to the park. Their task is to control of the park, stop Lewis Dodgson's men from capturing dinosaurs.
The game has 2 versions: SNES version and Game Boy version.
In this version, the player controls Grant, while an optional second player controls Wolfskin. The player can select a level from a list and play through the game's stages in any order. The main missions also appear after each level is completed, and the order of these stages does not change. Some stages offer a simple flat design, some have a platforming focus and others feature a maze of doorways which must be navigated to locate the exit.
And in this version, the player can choose among three lethal wapons such as rifle, machine gun, shotgun, and three non-lethal weapons such as electric stun gun, tranquilizer gun, and gas grenade launcher. The lethal rounds are effective against humans and dinosaurs, while the non-lethal rounds are designed to incapacitate dinosaurs without killing them, so as to preserve InGen's investment; if the number of dinosaurs killed with lethal weapons by the player becomes too high, the game will end. Non-lethal rounds do not affect humans, while killing raptors with lethal rounds will not affect the number of dinosaurs killed.
In this version, you control Grant, he is trapped on the dinosaur-infested island looking for an escape. You play as Grant character, moving through the forest, along the way, you will encounter many dangerous dinosaurs. They can attack you at any time, so you have to be alert, aim exactly at them and shoot. As I said above, this game is a side-scrolling action platformer. So you can shoot forward, diagonally, straight up, and while ducking as you traverse the game’s levels. On the way, don't forget collect health to replenish for your health , and magnetic card keys to open security gates.
The enemies include Raptors, Pterosaurs, Triceratops, Tyrannosarus rex, Brachiosaurus, Cameroceras, Pterodactylus, Hypsilophodon, Dilophosaurus, Velociraptor...In here I will pick out some of the major dinosaur species in this game.
- Pterosaurs: You will find on rocky levels with lot of cliffs and endless pits. They are often found by their nests, yet can also be found just hovering in random locations.
- Triceratops: This is the second powerful dinosaur and you only encountered in underground lava levels in very narrow rooms. It basically charges at the player and backs off a bit, then charges again.
- Tyrannosaurus rex: This is the most powerful dinosaur and boss for two of the levels. It's invincible the first time the player confronts it, all they can do is try to escape by slowing it down with their weapons. The second time they fight it (only available on harder difficulties), they trade their jeep for 20 super tranquilizer bazookas, which when combined with almost all of other weapons is just enough to take it down. It can attack players by biting or by stomping them, both of which deal very high amounts of damage.
Besides, you need to avoid the obstacles such as fire and spikes. Even the pteranodon is just going to keep dropping rocks on your head until you stop shooting at it.
You click screen to activate.
Use arrow keys to move
Press Z key to jump, X key to attack, and Enter key to start.
Press backspace to select.
The game has nice backgrounds and a funny animation where it seems like Allan Grant leaps into the air using only his kness.
The soundtrack hasn’t changed that much from the first game, which in this case is what you want. The chiptunes are as great as ever, really driving you forward and getting you into the game.
Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues is an interesting action game. For someone who is looking for a retro experience, Jurassic Park 2 delivers a serviceable time. The game do break up the monotony of the platforming stages and make the alternate grenade weapon somewhat useful. The T-Rex stages are a bit more unique, as you have to escape the pursuing dino by navigating a maze of platforms. There’s nothing fun about getting near the end of a chase, making a wrong turn, and then having to start all over again because of your mistake.
If you want to experience Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues, you can click at Dinosaursgames.net. This is a site that offers you thousands of great dinosaur games including Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues. With this version, you can play this game anywhere you want such as on bus, school, or offices. Moreover, we offer this game for free, so you can enjoy it without paying any charge. You won’t have to worry about anything; just enter the game, and enjoy your time./.