Turok: Dinosaur Hunter is an online N64 game that you can play at Dinosaursgames.net - website for all dinosaur games online.
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter is one of the very first full 3D shooter video game that combined an interesting story with an innovative level design with good 3D graphics. The game is based on the Acclaim Comics comic book series of the same name where you take control of the Native American Warrior, named Turok.
The Earth is separated from the Lost World with an invisible barrier. In the Lost world, there are many dangerous creatures, including dinosaurs and alien invaders. An invisible barrier is protected by Turok, a member of the tribe of Indians, and each generation chooses its Turok. You are playing the role of American Indian Tal'Set, who is chosen as a Turok and must protect the barrier between worlds to remain and keep the Earth safe from the monsters.
Entering the game, you will transform into a Turok character. Your mission is to find pieces of a relic known as the Chronoscepter. There is one piece on each level. You must fight various enemies such as dinosaurs, demons, gunmen...
- Your health is shown as a number at the bottom of the screen. When you are at full health, the meter reads 100, while dropping to subtracts one life.
- Gathering "life points" scattered across the levels increases your life count by one for every 100 points accumulated.
- The sound in the game is very lively with the sounds of prehistoric creatures such as dinosaurs, Saber-Toothed Cat ...
- Graphics 3D is very beautiful.
- Weapons: There are very many weapons in the game such as the knife, machine gun... all these weapons require ammunition but except the knife. These weapons are dropped by dead enemies or picked up in the levels.
There are 8 levels in the game including:
Level 1: Hub Ruins
Level 2: The Jungle
Level 3: The Ancient City
Level 4: The Ruins
Level 5: The Catacombs
Level 6: The Treetop Village
Level 7: The Lost Land
Level 8: The Final Confrontation
Each level will have different challenges that require you to pass to the end of the game.
In the game appear many dangerous creatures. They will utilize one sole attack, which is a bite. This will drop the player's health by a large chunk such as Saber-Toothed Cats - it can easily rip the player to pieces.
- Brachiosaurus: It is a herbivorous dinosaur that is lived in Jurassic. It 's tall 9 meters, 20 meters in length and 45 tons weight. This is a giant dinosaur, long neck, and tail. It is called "Arm lizard".
- Killer Fish: It's a blue fish with occasional green markings across its body. It has yellow eyes, and it has many sharp teeth, two of which are oversized and jut out from its bottom jaw.
- Moschops: It's a very fast and dangerous creature.
- Pteranodon: It's a kind of flying lizard. It appears right at level 1 of the game. It's very large, with a yellow coloration running all along their bodies and wings. They have large, long beaks, and their wingspan is massive, while their bodies are smaller and less muscular.
- Saber-Toothed Cat: It's a huge creature. It appears many times in the game, even its sound.
... And some other enemies...